VAR (Vacuum Arc Remelted) and modified 1.2367 Hot Work Tool steel with excellent hot properties and ductility designed for tough conditions.
|Sirio® VAR||1.2367 Mod VAR||0,32||0,2||5,1||2,35||0,55||+|
- Excellent hot strength and tempering back resistance.
- Very good creep resistance
- Very good heat checking resistance.
- High Toughness and ductility.
- Very good thermal shock resistance.
- Excellent cleanliness
- Good Weldability,
- Good machinability.
- Up tp 54 HRc after heat treatment
- Recommended working hardness 44-52 HRc.
- Good nitriding and coating ability
Highly certified grade, and many properties’ quality is guaranteed by the certifying supplier company such as toughness, microstructure cleanness and many more.
- Long life die casting dies, cores, cavities and inserts.
- Die casting dies:
- Against to thermal fatigue cracks
- Against to gross cracking
- If there is a high velocity in the runner and also inside the cavity
- If it is matter of wall thickness and complex geometry.
- Dies with complex geometry.
- If it is very cosmetic Al part
- PVD coated insert against to soldering.
- Cores in press forging dies.
- Warm forging dies.
- Hot stamping dies.
- Aluminum extrusion dies and tools.
- Preferred for dies and tools operating at high temperatures.
- Punches, cutting and shearing blades thicker than 10 mm.
- Cold forging and cold extrusion dies.
|Elastic Modulus [kN/mm²]||205.000||190.000|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient [10ˉ6/K]||12,4||13,2|
|Thermal Conductivity [W/mK]||21||30||32|
|44 Hrc||48 Hrc||50 Hrc|
|Yield Strength Rp02 [N/mm²]||1200||1400||1500|
|Tensile Strength, Rm||1500||1680||1800|
Impact resistance values obtained from samples oil hardened to 44-46 HRc and twice tempered:
Continuous Cooling Diagram
Max. 220 HB, Soft Annealed.